a couple of weeks ago North of Boston was hit with an intense windstorm..I honestly thought the roof may blow away that night as my husband, son and I snuggled under the covers.
The power went out around ten p.m. and didn't return for three days. I headed south to my parent's home the next afternoon, living in a 45 degree home without electricity or heat is less then ideal, especially with a five week and two year old! I also realized I wouldn't fair so well previous to the invention of electricity. {most homes in the United States were fitted with electricity from about 1905-1910 on.} Hence the invention of the canopy bed, which provided both an extra layer of warmth and privacy. Used today for more glamorous reasons, here are a few of my favorites..
Clearly Mary McDonald is influenced by the "king" of canopy beds. David Hicks. His work is timeless.
Clean + Simple looks
Cozy feminity by Phoebe Howard
two shots of the former style director of Domino magazine Dara Caponigro's elegant bedroom




.jpg)








0 comments:
Postar um comentário